Search in this blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

introduction

This is my first post and I want to introduce myself, my name is Alex, I'm an engineer living in Mexico.

I love programming, its not only about solve problems or automatize things to make the life easier but to order a dummy machine to make whatever you can think (and code of course).

In this blog I gonna write most about programming projects, rarely about life experiences but may in the future (who knows?).

I can't remember the day when I began to try programming, it was before 2008 summers, starting with assembler for ARM devices and a little bit for Intel x86, I learned most by myself using google and applying reverse engineering to small codes and modifying them, testing codes in my hacked cellphone, thats cause it lots and lots of crashes each day (mistakes in compiled code).

Now in 2015 I had done many different kind of programs, I gonna list some of them:
  • A simple calculator with GUI in MASM32 (I think the exe and source should be in my old Pentium 3 machine).
  • Parsers.
  • Web crawlers.
  • Karaoke player (music, karaoke using cdg format and videos) which I and some friends tried to commercialize (we got a little money and receive no complaints not bugs).
  • Cryptographic tools (I love cryptography).
  • Tools for Raspberry PI and Arduino.
  • A mini programming language called "Javita" based most in java.
  • Web Applications.
  • Some scripts.
  • Lots of algorithms and data structures implementations.
  • Lots more I can't remember.
Most of the work was done in java (which is the high-level programming language I use better).

I gonna try to find my projects and post them here, It may be helpful for you or some newbies.

Today I'm working for a big company programming in C (really cool)

I gonna end this post with a funny code comment I read today:
/*
Dear maintainer!
When I wrote this code, only I and God knew what it was.
Now, only God knows.

So, if you are done trying to 'optimize' this routine (and failed!).
Please increment the following counter as a warning to the next guy.

totalHoursWasterHere = 71
*/

I hope you enjoy it as I enjoy writing it.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment